some Silmarillion and Hobbit sketches!
Pics 1-5: Valar
1. Yavanna and her sister Vána
2. Nessa, her husband Tulkas, Aulë (Yavanna’s husband), and Nessa’s brother Oromë (husband of Vána)
3. The Fëanturi: Mandos the elder, his brother Lórien the younger, and their sister Nienna. Also a sketch of Mandos’s wife Vairë
4. + 5. Varda sketches with some of her husband Manwë. The left sketch in the fourth picture is the closest to my final design of her but her colors will be like the one in the sketch on the right side.
These are no where near final designs for them. I still need to do some sketches of Estë amd Ulmo. I posted some sketches of Manwë and Melkor earlier this week or last week.
6. sketches of Beorn eating honey and petting his dogs
7. Thranduil and Thror in swapped outfits. It’s a sketch a did earlier this month for letsdrawthehobbits October theme. I don’t think I’ll be able to make a finished version by tomorrow :’/ but maybe I’ll do one sometime
8. The Elven chieftains Ingwë of the Vanyar, Finwë of the Noldor, and Elwë of the Teleri.
((I’m sorry. Again, shaming the art of the wonderful and magnificent gold-seven. I’m not the only person who has thought this.))
#ah nothing quite like the feanorians taking a piss on the lesser events of middle earth history #did you know that 3rd age doesnt actually refer to chronology #but it’s just a way of sorting the ages by badassery #still no need to be upset 3rd age #third place but not last place #I mean you could have it worse #the only trophy the 4th age is gonna take is the one for least fun age #I mean w all the harmony and peace and gardening and cookie-baking or whatever it was they had going on #scoffs
women of mythology - mermaids
sailors beware, something far more dangerous then rough seas lay ahead on your seafaring voyage. something far more treacherous then legends of giant squids and sea monsters rising from the depths to devour you.
you will hear them first, a beautiful song floating across the water, lulling you into a false sense of security and unquenchable curiousity. you’ll catch a glimpse of something shimmering in the tide, glinting turquoise, gold, or azure just under the surface. and then a pair of enchanting eyes will peek up at you through the sea foam, drawing you closer and closer, desperate to see who those eyes belong to.
exquisite and alluring, she entices you as she breaches the surface, hair glistening and wet, lips begging for you to kiss them. mermaid. the ocean’s most deadliest, clever and charming of creatures. she is powerful enough to call upon storms, causing shipwrecks and stranding men upon the shallow reefs and rocks. will you be her next victim, or will you be lucky enough to find love.